History's Heroes Set
The Amazing Story of Christian Faith Through History
A one-year Church History survey course for 7-8 grade focusing on faithful men and women who served the Lord Jesus Christ
Pick up a textbook on World History and you will find one major recurring theme. Such and such a nation rose to power. And the same nation eventually declined into obscurity. And then another nation or kingdom rose to power. And it too declined, and it became another footnote on the pages of history.
The story of Christ's kingdom is very different. Nations rise and nations fall. But the kingdom of Jesus lasts forever. During Jesus’ earthly ministry, He gave His disciples a promise. This was a promise of the church’s victory over the forces of evil. In Matthew 16:18, we read:
“And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.” (Matthew 16:18)
Become a front-row spectator in this grand triumph of God's people against Satan’s kingdom. And even though the church faces persecution, suffering, and sometimes even a decline in numbers, the kingdom of Christ marches on. The gates of Hell will not be able to prevail against the onslaught of Christ and His disciples against the forces of spiritual darkness.
This set includes:
- History's Heroes Workbook
- Trial and Triumph (294 pg. paperback) By Richard Hannula
Features of this course:
- Summaries of major events and persons for each period of church history
- Assignments for Richard Hannula's Trial and Triumph
- Daily lesson schedule
- Comprehension exams to assess the student's knowledge of history
- Essay assignments for each period of church history
- Answer Key
Check out other items from Generations grade 7 curriculum pack:
- Bible – Journey Through the Bible Set & Matthew Study Guide
- Literature - Great Christian Adventures Set
- History – History’s Heroes Set
- Worldview/Culture – What Does the Bible Say About That?
- Character – Practical Happiness (for young men) The Lost Art of True Beauty (for young women)