Language Lessons for a Living Education 6
Fun, full-color pages along with the ongoing story of Micah and Claire will keep your student engaged and ready to apply more advanced language arts skills.
By mastering grammar, the eight parts of speech, tricky words, reading comprehension, an expanding vocabulary, and much more, your six-grade level student will be able to move beyond basic paragraphs to more refined, structured, and skillful use of ideas and concepts. They will also learn unique and unusual aspects of writing and language arts rules. Through this combination of the basics and beyond, the student will become adept at more effective and descriptive written communication.
A helpful and detailed daily schedule:
- DAY 1: Focus on a short story, poem, picture study, select Bible verses
- DAY 2 & 3: Writing topics such as grammar and punctuation
- DAY 4: Reading from The 10 Minute Bible Journey, Scripture copywork and memorization
- DAY 5: Creating your own dictionary with a focus on spelling and vocabulary
The course uses Charlotte Mason ideas for the modern homeschool student. Each quarter integrates The 10 Minute Bible Journey, two picture studies (one of which is biblically based), and two poems (one of which is a proverb). Using the spelling words and the Dictionary Worksheets, students will create their very own dictionary as they move week by week through the material.
Language Lessons for a Living Education Level 6 incorporates picture study, memorization, grammar and punctuation, spelling and vocabulary, observation, and application through creating stories through pictures, sentences, paragraphs, poems, proverbs, book reports, and a letter. This course also develops reading and narration skills. By the end of the course, students should be able to comfortably write various types of paragraphs.
Within the course, students will:
- Understand the interactions of the eight parts of speech
- Master state of being verbs, action verbs, and possessive nouns
- Be introduced to different types of conjunctions, compound sentences, and clauses
- Identify syllables and practice spelling rules Identify abbreviations, proper use of punctuation marks, spelling, root words, compound words, and suffixes
- Learn to create well-written paragraphs based on structure and comprehension
- Gain proficiency in the structure of book reports
- Develop skills in using the dictionary and a thesaurus for spelling and vocabulary building
- Explore the Scripture, parts of letter writing, and more!
This course is designed to foster a partnership between student and teacher, with the student gradually taking a lead role. Allowing the student’s growing abilities, stamina, and interests to set the pace will allow his or her confidence to strengthen. This confidence is the key that will help unlock communication success.
Scope and sequence, a daily course calendar, and additional learning resources including independent reading lists, spelling words, practice sheets and more are included to help your student master basic concepts. Reviews are also incorporated throughout the course to help them understand and apply what they learn.
480 Pages, Paperback