Language Lessons for a Living Education 3
Enjoy this story-based course featuring Claire and Micah, designed to engage your young learner and strengthen their reading and writing skills. Real world examples and applications are the focus as they practice reading, apply grammatical skills, and increase their vocabulary.
Complete with helpful illustrations and guides, this book will teach your student paragraph structure, compound words, contractions, sentence combining, helping verbs, prepositions, and more!
This language arts series adapts Charlotte Mason ideas for the modern homeschool student, complete with character-building themes. Each quarter has five stories, two picture studies (one of which is Bible-based), and two poems (one of which is a Psalm). Using the spelling words and the Dictionary Worksheets, students will create their very own dictionary as they move week by week through the material.
A helpful and detailed daily schedule:
- DAY 1: Focus on a short story, poem, picture study, select Bible verses
- DAY 2 & 3: Writing topics such as grammar and punctuation
- DAY 4: Reading from 101 Favorite Stories of the Bible, Scripture copywork and memorization
- DAY 5: Creating your own dictionary with a focus on spelling and vocabulary
Language Lessons for a Living Education Level 3 develops reading and narration skills as well as writing mastery of multi-sentence paragraphs. Continuing with what the student has learned in Level 2, Book 3 will add to their communication and observation skills. They will review and refine lessons from Level 2 in addition to learning new skills.Within the course, students will:
- Master state of being verbs, action verbs, and possessive nouns
- Review sentences, singular and plural nouns, adjectives and adverbs
- Identify abbreviations, proper use of punctuation marks, spelling, root words, compound words, and suffixes
- Create their own dictionary with words learned through the course
- Learn to create good paragraphs based on structure and comprehension
- Develop skills in using the dictionary and a thesaurus for spelling and vocabulary-building
- Explore the Scripture, parts of letter writing, copywork, and more!
Scope and sequence, a daily course calendar, and additional learning resources including independent reading lists, spelling words, practice sheets and more are included to help your student master basic concepts. Reviews are also incorporated throughout the course to help them understand and apply what they learn.
336 Pages, Paperback