The Mortification of Sin*
In this abridgement of The Mortification of Sin, the famous Puritan John Owen shows the need for Christians to engage in a life-long battle against the sinful tendencies that remain in them, despite their having been brought to faith and new life in Christ.
Owen is very insistent that believers cannot hope to succeed in this battle in their own strength. He sees clearly that the fight can be won only through faith in Christ, and in the power of the Spirit. Fighting sin with human strength will produce only self-righteousness, superstition and anxiety of conscience. But with faith in Christ, and with the power of the Spirit, victory is certain. The temptations in times like Owen’s and ours are obvious on every side; the remedy to them is clearly pointed out in this practical and helpful book.
By John Owen, Edited by Richard Rushing
144 pg. paperback
Check out other items from Generations grade 12 curriculum pack:
- Bible - Matthew Study Guide
- Literature – Worldviews in Conflict Set
- History – The Story of Freedom Set
- Worldview/Culture – The Tattooed Jesus & The Ultimate Proof of Creation
- Character – The Mortification of Sin & The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment