Worldviews in Conflict Set
A Study in Western Philosophy, Literature, and Culture
Recommended for a Senior High School or College Entry Level Literature Course.
Every Christian student should understand the writings that formed the modern world and undermined the Christian foundations in the West. The Christian student should be well equipped to engage the battle of the worldviews before he or she enters adulthood.
It is extremely dangerous when a Christian student is taught to accept the “great” thinkers and writers uncritically, whether it be Karl Marx, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Nathaniel Hawthorne, or Steven Spielberg. That is why this curriculum is so needed. The great thinkers and the liberal arts programs have led millions of Christian young people astray over the centuries.
This course presents a basic introduction to, and critical analysis of, the philosophers, the literary masters, and the cultural influencers of the last three hundred years. A refreshing improvement of most philosophy and literature courses, this course is filled with relevant biblical references and truths that address the false worldviews of the “great” secular humanist works.
This Textbook and Teacher's Guide includes:
- Selected Readings and Summary of 15+ philosophers and authors of the modern world
- In-depth analysis of influential literary works from Shakespeare’s Macbeth, Hawthorne’s The Scarlet Letter, Twain’s Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, and Hemingway’s The Old Man and the Sea
- Prayers to equip the student in the war of ideas
- Review of popular music and movies
- Vocabulary, study questions, exams, and essay assignments for each section
Check out other items from Generations grade 12 curriculum pack: